Staré Hory is a mountain
village which is situated on the common borders of two national
parks – Veľká Fatra and Nízke Tatry, with rich fauna and
flora. The centre of village is in altitude of 472m. Surroundings of
village and national parks give many possibilities for summer and
winter tourism along the well-known touristic routes:
You can visit Badinsky primaeval forest nad Harmanecká cave.
On your wandering you can also visit surrounding castles: in Zvolen, Slovenská Ľupča, Vígľaš, Dúbravica, Hronsek and a ruins of castles as well in Revište, Šášov, Sklabina, Blatnica. Palaces: Diviaky, Necpaly, Horná Mičiná, Antol, Banská Bystrica. You couldn´t leave out a city memorial reserve in Kremnica or convent in Kláštor pod Znievom.
You can visit a surrounding spas in every time in the year: Sliač( www.spa-sliac.sk ), Kováčová( www.kovacova.sk ), Brusno( www.kupelebrusno.sk ), Korytnica, Ľubochňa, Turčianske Teplice ( www.therme.sk ), Sklené Teplice( www.sklene-teplice.sk)
Of course you can´t miss to visit a ski centres:
- Donovaly (10km): 13x ski tow, 1x cabin cableway, 2x chairlift, cableway for children, 18x ski slope, an artificial snow, night skiing, ski school. More at www.parksnow.sk
- Turecká (4km): 4x ski tow, cableway for children, 7x ski slope, an artificial snow. More at www.skiturecka.sk
- Šachtička (14km): www.sachtickyas.sk
- Čachovo (20km): www.selce-cachovo.sk
Very good skiing is on Chopok – Juh as well.
When you will be on Donovaly don´t miss out:
- snow paragliding, something for adventurous natures, Who didn´t see, can´t believe.Fascinated view from a bird perspective, tandem jumps, professional instructors.
- dog teams, a dog howls, a fantastic winter atmosphere.
- airboarding, joyride on a tobogan
- bungee activities, bungee trampoline, bungee running – it´s a running on a bungee rope,which puts a resistance
You can see many things in a very close surroundings:
Turecká – at the end of spring you can visit International Championship in cooking and eating of typical Slovakian speciality „ halusky „. We would like to visit all fans and gourmets to visit us and to spend this incredible atmosphere with us.
„ Krňačky“ in Turecka - an incredible atmosphere, a lot of fun and an incredible performances on typical sledge named „ krnacky“
Králiky – „ Biela stopa SNP“ , a traditional tournament on cross-country ski
Špania Dolina – every year is opened a traditional bobbin lace school in Spania Dolina. Many applicants from whole world usually come here to study in summer school of traditional textile methods.
You can also walk from Stare Hory to Spania Dolina by colliery from a year 1614.
If you have a big interest of golf you can find a green in Sliač( www.golf-hron.sk ). Your desire for culture and shopping will be satisfied in Banska Bystrica ( www.bbb.sk , www.banskabystrica.sk ) or other sities.
We offered you only a few possibilities how you can spend your free time in „ Chalupa u potoka“ and its lovely surroundings. More information on
Primaeval of Badin:
Cave in Harmanec:
City castle Banská Bystrica:
Slovenská Ľupča Castle:
Ruin of Sasov:
City Memorial Reservaion in Kremnica:
Spa of Kováčová:
Spa of Trenčianske Teplice:
Spa of Sklenné Teplice:
Ski Centre of Donovaly:
Ski Centre of Turecká:
Ski Centre of Chopok - Juh:
„Halušky“ in Turecka:
„Krňačky“ in Turecka:
Laces of Spania Dolina:
Copyright (c) Chalupa u potoka 2008. Všetky práva vyhradené. Optimalizované na IE 6.0, doporučené rozlíšenie 1024x768 Pri menšom rozlíšení sa stránky nemusia správne zobrazovať. Webdesign by Vladimír Jesenský - www.ITBNS.sk